To be a Christian means to actually attempt in your own life to adopt Jesus’ words as your standard of living.
- “God, I need to hear your voice”
- “Will you speak words of love and affirmation to me?”
- “God, I’m so thirsty for your love.”
The Spiritual Life of Jesus
When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened 22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”
- What am I here for?
The prayer of _identity
22: You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.
- Father, please, by the power of the Holy Spirit, speak to me.
- Let me hear the truth that is in this passage.
- Help me to see myself in this text.
- Lord, let me hear your voice regarding my calling and my destiny.”
The prayer for _guidance
Luke 6:12 One of those days Jesus went out to a mountainside to pray, and spent the night praying to God.
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
Some of the best plans God has for your life are not obvious.